The Institute of Management Consultants (IMC) – the only world-wide certifying body for management consultants observes, supports and abides by the IMC Code of Ethics. C-Level Enterprises supports and abides by these guidelines.
Adherence to the Code signifies voluntary assumption of self-discipline above and beyond the requirements of law. Key provisions of the Code require that Management Consultants:
- Safeguard confidential information.
- Render impartial, independent advice.
- Accept only those client engagements they are qualified to perform.
- Agree with the client in advance on the basis for professional charges.
- Develop realistic and practical solutions to client problems.
The Institute enforces the Code by receiving and investigating complaints of violations and by taking disciplinary action, including revocation of certification against any member who is found guilty of Code violation.
- We will serve our clients with integrity, competence, and objectivity.
- We will keep client information and records of client engagements confidential and will use proprietary client information only with the client's permission.
- We will not take advantage of confidential client information for ourselves or our firms.
- We will not allow conflicts of interest which provide a competitive advantage to one client through our use of confidential information from another client who is a direct competitor without that competitor's permission.
- We will accept only engagements for which we are qualified by our experience and competence.
- We will assign staff to client engagements in accord with their experience, knowledge, and expertise.
- We will immediately acknowledge any influences on our objectivity to our clients and will offer to withdraw from a consulting engagement when our objectivity or integrity may be impaired.
- We will agree independently and in advance on the basis for our fees and expenses that are reasonable, legitimate, and commensurate with the services we deliver and the responsibility we accept.
- We will disclose to our consulting clients any fees or commissions that we will receive for equipment, supplies or services we recommend to our clients.
- We will respect the intellectual property rights of our clients, other consulting firms, and sole practitioners and will not use proprietary information or methodologies without permission.
- We will not advertise our services in a deceptive manner and will not misrepresent the consulting profession, consulting firms, or sole practitioners.
For more information about IMC, visit their web site at www.imcusa.org.
Essential Resources For CEOs and Entrepreneurs at Startup and Emerging Growth Companies